Tuesday, 14 March 2017

OOTD | Embracing Your Insecurities


People don't feel comfortable talking about their insecurities. Simply because, insecurities are the one contributing factor that determines an individual's level of self-esteem.

However, I also feel that we should all start to embrace our insecurities, because who else is going to love ourselves more than us, right?

So, in this post; instead of just a regular OOTD, I am going to share with you what my two physical insecurities are (and to be completely honest this was a tough one to write, but I'm writing anyway, because there's nothing more I want than to spread awareness about the importance of self-love).

Number one: My Body



It is without a doubt, apparent that whoever visits my blog would definitely notice that I am terrifyingly skinny. And before you start to jump to any hasty conclusions, let me clarify that no, I am not suffering from any eating disorders nor am I in denial. It just so happens that I have an extremely high metabolism rate, making it near impossible for me to put on any weight no matter how much food I scarf down my throat.


I question myself everyday as to why the hell am I so skinny; I may have partially myself to blame for not having a vast appetite when I was little, but boy am I honestly sick of hearing those "Oh my God do you ever eat" and "Somebody give this poor girl a burger" taunts. Pardon my French if you're a religious fella, but you bet your bloody ass I do want a f*cking burger, why don't you throw some my way while you're at it scum.

Anyway, I am now trying to figure out what to do in order to put on some weight. It's not as if I am not doing anything to change it, right? But here is where the whole "embracing your insecurities" thing come in.


You see, I used to hate my body way worse before. I loathed it to the core. I felt abnormal, like an exile from Mars.

I had people tell me that they "wish they have my figure". But I don't see that as a compliment, because being underweight isn't a good thing. I wanted them to love their body for the way it is, but it's also contradicting for me to say that seeing that I don't love my body either.

For years on end my self-esteem has been extremely low, until I discovered the amazing world of fashion blogging.

Fashion bloggers of different sizes/body types who flaunt their personal style in the coolest clothes made me question myself. Their confidence inspired me, and since I do love dressing up as well I eventually thought: hey, why not let's do this?

And voila, that was how Skinny Decxf Latte was born!


I admit, having people take my photos in public was very daunting at first. It did take me a while to build some confidence and not give a sh*t when people look at me.

Since then, my self-esteem was no longer very low, but I also can't deny that on some days I would self-loathe as well. I think it's completely normal for us to not like ourselves sometimes.

So yup, that is why my body is one of my physical insecurities.

Number Two: My Teeth



I hate smiling with my teeth in photos simply because I hate how I'd look by doing so. I hate my teeth in general, because I have two extra teeth that jut out from my top gums; or "fangs". Some people tell me they love them, some people tell me to wear braces (because to them, the fangs are hella ugly).

I, myself, have a love-hate relationship with them; sometimes I appreciate being unique, sometimes I wanna get rid of them stat.

The fangs are what people would notice first on me, and because I'm insecure about them, I find it really hard to initiate conversation with strangers.

My teeth will always be something I'm insecure about, unless I eventually take the plunge to put on braces (I will always be fickle-minded about making this decision though, because again, I'm grateful for how God has already made me).


I guess, the point that I'm trying to make across is, that we should really start to accept ourselves for the way we are. It's okay to have insecurities, everybody has them, but we should never let it get to ourselves too much. Nobody is perfect 😊

I'm going to end this post with a quote,

"When you've learned to accept what your flaws are, nobody can use them against you!"

Denim vest- thrifted
Shirt- Boyfriend's
Skinny jeans- Forever 21
Belt- H&M
Socks- *Scape Undergound
Shoes- D.C.
Shades- H&M





So, what are the things about yourself that you're insecure about?
Let me know in the comments, it would be interesting and we can all share some support!

 I hope you have enjoyed this post and thanks for reading ^_^

xoxo,
A.