Friday, 11 November 2016

Singapore Biennale 2016: An Atlas Of Mirrors

Recently I had a trip to the Singapore Art Museum with my sister for the Singapore Biennale. If you stuck around for long, you would have noticed that I have had occasional museum trips with her (because we just enjoy seeing the art). This time, it is no different.


SINGAPORE BIENNALE 2016
Exploring shared histories and current realities within and beyond the region, Singapore Biennale 2016 presents a constellation of artistic perspectives that provide unexpected ways of seeing the world and ourselves. 

Titled An Atlas of Mirrors, the international contemporary art exhibition features site-specific and never seen before contemporary artworks by more than 60 artists across Southeast Asia, and East and South Asia. 

In this post, I'd like to share the photos I took of some of the many beautiful installations and artwork displayed.



This installation has got to be my favourite! It is basically a room filled with mirrors that spin around. Peep the video below to see what it actually feels like being in it!

















This particular piece caught my eye. I legit thought they were just dangling leaves, but upon closer inspection..




They were cutouts of world maps! How amazing!


The artworks displayed are not limited to just what you see here, of course. For more information about the Singapore Biennale, and regarding the artists and their artworks respectively, visit their site at Singapore Biennale.org.




And that's it for today's post! I hope you have enjoyed it and thanks for reading ^_^

xoxo,
A.