Thursday, 21 July 2016

Disappointing Beauty Products

In the pursuit of finding the right makeup or beauty product to use, surely we'd come across some disappointments here and there. Just like most beauty lovers I have my fair share.

Here are some that I find disappointing so far:

1. The Body Shop body butter
I like to use body butters after a nice body scrub and I thought I'd give The Body Shop one a go, because I do like the brand. But the body butter upsets me because it feels really sticky on my skin and that leaves me with an extremely uncomfortable feeling. I feel like I couldn't leave the house at all with this thing on. I wouldn't even imagine how it'd feel like to be outdoors in it when it's horribly warm. Ew. I'm definitely not buying it ever again.

2. Catrice liquid eyeliner
I don't know why, but for some reason, this eyeliner literally burns my eyelids. I thought it was a one-time thing, but the next few times I put it on I still had the same burning sensation. I was scared I would get a reaction from it so I discontinued using it instantly. If any of you have used this eyeliner before, do you also feel like your eyelids burn? Or is it just me?

3. Essence waterproof eyeliner
Another eyeliner disaster. I can't remember exactly as to why it was disappointing, but I do know that the ink dries up really quickly. Instead of black, I got a dark blue tinge.

4. NYX skinny marker
Like the Essence waterproof eyeliner, this one's ink dries up really quickly too. Sigh. I feel like I have wasted a lot of money on eyeliners.

5. Benefit instant brow eyebrow pencil
I couldn't for the life of me get the pencil to sharpen properly when it's no longer sharp. And because of that, I could no longer use it. I do still use the spoolie though.

6. Nivea refreshing facial cleansing wipes
When I ran out of makeup remover wipes and I had to find a substitute as quickly as I could, I resorted to the Nivea one cos it was the closest I could find. I realise now I should no longer do that beause not all wipes are suitable for me apparently! These wipes BURN MY FACE (well, not the third degree kind BUT STILL) right after I use them! The horror!!


So yup, these are the disappointing beauty products so far. There might be more to come though I hope not. I have learned now to look up reviews first before purchasing a certain product.

Thanks for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this post and that it was informative.
Do you have any beauty products you find disappointing as well?

xoxo,
A.