Thursday, 2 June 2016

My Makeup Story Tag!


I have seen this tag circulating around plenty of beauty bloggers' blogs and they are always so interesting to read, so I thought I'd do it too!

How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

- I think I started at age 14. I was in a "goth phase", so my makeup mostly included a lot of heavy eyeliner and dark eyeshadow 😂

How did you get into makeup?

- My interest in being goth lol. I was suddenly on the hunt for eyeliners and lots of black and grey eyeshadows. I didn't look up tutorials or anything like that though.

What are some of your favourite brands?

- I love Too Faced, Benefit, NYX, Essence and Catrice. I have yet to try all the other cruelty-free makeup brands though!

What does makeup mean to you?

- Makeup is art! How you choose to doll up your face says a lot about you. It is not only about covering your blemishes, but about creating looks that can boost your confidence.

If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?

- Eyeliner, eyebrows, bronzer and lipstick.

What's your favourite thing about makeup?

- EYE MAKEUP. Although I still need lots of practice on it, I love watching eye makeup tutorials the most, and especially if the look is something that's bizarre and cool. It's like art on your eyes. But I also just love makeup in general, it's so fun to create different types of looks everytime. Besides, makeup tutorials are extremely therapeutic to watch!

What do you think of Drugstore VS. High End makeup?

- I have no problems with both as I love them equally. But I also believe that you get what you pay for. High End makeup obviously provide better quality.

What is one tip you would give to a beginner?

- If you're only just starting out, I recommend watching beginner makeup tutorials and product reviews before buying a certain makeup product first.

What is one makeup trend you've never understood?

- Currently, the "bubble eyeliner". Like what the hell is that even.

What do you think of the beauty community on YouTube?

- I think they're amazing, and if it hadn't been for them, I probably would still be struggling with doing my makeup now! It is a MUST for me to watch a tutorial everytime I need to get something done. Also I think it's wonderful how some beauty YouTubers are actually launching their own makeup brands!!



So there we have it! MY MAKEUP STORY TAG!
It was really fun to do, hmm, I might just do another tag soon! 😁

P.S. I have decided to extend the dateline of my giveaway. Don't forget to join!

I hope you have enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!

xoxo,
A.